Sunday, February 22, 2009

15 Totally Random Questions E-Swap on Swap Bot

Just preparing for myself for the following e-swap. I just start getting this addiction with Swap Bot since last night. I might have to wait ages for someone to tag me on facebook for this so, this will be fun, I hope:

15 Totally Random Questions E-Swap

1. Who or what inspires you the most in your life?
Probably my family & my upbringing. I'm very grateful for that, although it is not always a bed of roses but they value my education a lot and they sent me to tuition school, art class, music lessons whenever they can afford to, which shaped my life a lot.
Women who write, do craft, music & arts inspire me too.

2. What song would you like played at your funeral and why?
I would think that a sad song will be more appropriate, but I would prefer a happy song, probably 'On Top of the World' by the Carpenters as the song will remind me that I have lived my life to the fullest and I want the people around me to feel the same.

3. If you could be ANYWHERE right now where would it be & why?
I would say Paris but at the moment, I miss my home at Malaysia more. I want to see my family especially my grandparents, my mother & my aunt. Also, I miss all my sticker & cute stuff collection and I want to find them back again.

4. Do you have any pets? Tell about them:)
I used to have a cat named Jelly. She was a real mischief but still adorable and had her own cute ways of getting attention. She liked sitting by the window sill & looking out of window. She liked to claim her space on the couch & she's quite picky on her food. I had to give her away last year as I couldn't handle renting the whole house to myself and paying the bills. Jelly was normally all by herself during day time while I was at work and it wasn't fair for her. So I gave her away to a loving family and moved into a shared house. I still miss her whenever I saw photos of someone's cat on their blogs or Flikr, I felt that a part of me has gone & miss the cuteness of a cat...that fluffy paw.

5. What is your city most commonly known for?
The current city that I'm living in at the moment which is Leeds in UK, is probably known as a great place to shop. Besides that, I can't really think of any, as I don't think it's really a tourist attraction, but maybe it's quite a good place to study at. My fondest memory of it:
-there are always promoters handling free samples at the Leeds train station.
-I queued up in front of Topshop in Leeds city centre since 6:30am to buy that poppy dress which was designed by Kate Moss on the day it was launched. Leeds is probably considered one of the major city in the UK to have special items stocked in the stores.
-There used to be an exhibition on a few sketches done by Leonardo Davinci in the gallery next to Leeds city library. I just thought this kind of stuff only happens in bigger city, probably in British Museum maybe.

6. Have you ever been on tv? If yes, for what? If no, would you want to be?
No, I don't think so. But they did film us queueing up in front of Topshop at 6:30am to get our hands on the clothes designed by Kate Moss. Yes, I would definately want to be, it will become a great story to tell (or brag about, to be more honest) to grandchildren in the future. I hope that won't do too much harm about wanting to be on tv, why not? Hopefully in good events too!

7. Where is the farthest you have been from home--where were you and why were you there?
Here, England. I'm from Malaysia. I came here to finish my degree in civil & structural engineering since 5 years ago. I always want to go to somewhere else besides my hometown, it's more like a mission for most teenage hearts. I wanted to come here to see snow for the first time, to experience all four seasons, to see the egyptian mummies in British Museum, to visit art galleries, to see europe, travelling on my own, going to Tori Amos & Sarah McLachlan concerts as they never have concerts like that in my hometown.

8. If you could travel back in time to any period in history when would it be and why?
I want to travel back to my childhood years. I want to treat my family better and with respect. I want to be more helpful to my grandparents, help with the chores, learn how to cook properly from grandma, learn to draw more, practice playing piano more, study more, take back all the hurtful things I said to my family, just being a better daughter, niece, grand-daughter, classmate and friend. Lastly, be kinder to the animals & appreaciating nature more.

9. If you could turn any tv show into 'real life' and be a part of it, what show would it be and why?
I can only think of 'Desperate Housewives' at the moment. I was hoping that my mother would be able to have the supports that she needed from the neighbours and wouldn't have sent me to live with my grandparents and my aunt and worked in another country on her own to earn more. I'm really proud of her still for raising me up as a single mother.

10. Name 3 books that you could read over and over again & tell why.
The 1st book: The Diary of Anne Frank
I was really surprised to find this book in the library of my high school around year 1999. It was quite hard to find a book in english like this in a chinese school in East Malaysia, i think. I seldom finish reading books without pictures but I finished reading it. It just remind me of how lucky I was at that moment, being able to go out and breath fresh air.

The 2nd book: Chasing Down the Dawn by Jewel Kilcher
It's a collection of journals & sketches of the singer Jewel. I like the childhood memories she wrote, about growing up in Alaska, riding horses, living in her own cabin when she was sixteen and the battle of her parents' divorce. It'd make me cry whenever i read the page about how she bid goodbye to her mother and went to live with her father after the divorce.

The 3rd book: Song Bird (A biography of Eva Cassidy by her parents)
It also includes all the cute sketches and drawings of hers. She loved expressing her gratitudes in the letters/notes she wrote to the people she was close with. She was really creative as a kid and her cute sketches are very inspiring.

11. If you could become famous, what would you want to be famous for and why?
I want to be famous for my voice, I think I can sing but I'm too shy to even sing in karaoke...and maybe for my arts & craft. I was more creative when I was a kid but I still have my creative side, even though I've pursued a totally different career.

12. What movie no matter how many times you see it always makes you cry? And what part really does?
Amelie. It's the part where Amelie was too shy to approach Nino and she was in the kitchen preparing for food & dreaming about how Nino will come home to her soon with the food that she was preparing and then it was just her cat coming to her kitchen and she burst into tears. I find that kind of longing for someone really hard to bear. But I'm glad that the movie has a happy ending anyway. :D

13. What one thing do you ALWAYS do before you leave the house & why do you do it?
I ALWAYS check that I've got my keys to my room & front door in my pocket as I can't imagine myself being locked inside of the house I'm renting and we have to unlock the front door with a key and then I'll be stuck in the kitchen as the place I rent is like a bed-sit. Or else I have to scream for help from the kitchen window hoping that the neighbours might hear me or even jump from the first floor to the garden shared by our neighbours & knock on their doors for help!

14. Did you ever 'run away' as a child/teen, if so where did you go?
No, I never run away. I guess I was never brave enough to do that and I probably wouldn't want my family to worry & post a missing person ad on the newspaper. My grandma used to worry once when I went to my classmate's place after school and didn't come home until late noon & I was surprised to see my grandma half way on my journey home. She told my aunt & my aunt phoned the school to look for me. I was mortified. The next day at school, my teacher asked me where I went & I told her that my grandma was quite forgetful instead of telling her that I didn't tell grandma about it. I still feel bad about what I've said. I have never seen my grandma looking so worried as she always keep her feeling so well & is never good at expressing her feelings. I think my whole family is the same too.

15. How do you calm yourself when things in life are stressful?
During my recent redundancy, I was so stressed I couldn't sleep for the first few days after I've got the news. So I watched The Secret again & it made me felt much better and calmer. For the past few months, I went to a lot of seminars of Chris Howard & Anthony Robbins and there is this saying," When you are in fear, just be grateful." So I wrote on this gratitude page from The Secret website on what I'm thankful for in my life and kept reminding myself about how I'm still luckier than most of the people around the world.
When I watch horror/thriller movies, I will feel less stressful as someone on the tv was been chased by a psycho which is even worse, compared to my current situation.
When I was younger, the song 'My Favourite Things' from The Sound of Music cheered me up.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin