Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Song That Makes You... (e-swap) on Swap Bot

1 - A song that makes you want to dance.

'I rather dance with you' by Kings of Convenience

I quite like the video too.

2 - A song that makes you laugh.

'Ebay ' by Weird Al Yankovic

I think he's quite a genius and the fact that he imitated Backstreet Boys way of singing on the original song is even funnier.

3 - A song that reminds you of an old friend.

'Last Kiss' by Pearl Jam

My high school classmate used to lend me this cassette tape, a compilation of songs for the war in Kosovo during 1998-1999 and this song is in that album.

4 - A song that makes you sing out loud.

'Pocketful of Rainbows' by Elvis Presley

5 - A song that makes you cry.

'Sincerely' by The Mcguire Sister

I first heard this song around year 1999 on a jazz radio channel and I never knew what was the title of the song and I found out about the title today while trying to get this swap done, after almost 10 years later...

6 - A song that reminds you of a book.

'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' by Lauryn Hill

This song is from the movie 'Conspiracy Theory' ( Mel Gibson,Julia Roberts) and in this movie, the main character always buy any copies of book 'Catcher in the Rye' whenever he saw them on the bookshelves in bookshops...That's what I can recall of, although I've never read the book before, hopefully in the future.

7 - A song that reminds you of another.

'Sunrise' by Norah Jones & 'Sunrise' by Simply Red

8 - A song that reminds you of your dear one.

'Sacrifice' by Elton John

I first heard this song when I was in primary school, around 9 or 10 years old and I didn't like Elton John's voice at first as I was just a kid without much appreciation of music. I was making a compilation of songs that I recorded on to a cassette tape from TV and I always saw the video of this song and I asked my aunt what she thought of Elton John's voice. She thought his voice is sweet. I couldn't understand it at that time and never really liked it until more than a decade later.

9 - A song that makes you want to learn how to play an intrument.

'Cornflake Girl' by Tori Amos

Any song by Tori Amos makes me want to play piano and makes me wish that I've taken my piano lessons more seriously and have practiced more.

10 - A song that has taught you something.

'I am So Ordinary' by Paula Cole

In the lyrics, it said, 'Love is truly giving...' It's a real honest song.

11 - A song that I can never get sick of:

'Amazing' by George Michael

12. - A song that I can relax to:

'Only Time' by Enya

13 - A song that always makes me happy:

'Top of The World' by The Carpenters

14 - A song that reminds me of year 1998

'Believe' by Cher

I didn't like it when it first came out during 1998 and I only start liking it after a few years later and when it get less air play.

15 - A song that makes me feel like I should embrace more colours and cartoons again:

'Happy Ending' by Mika


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin